Today I discovered that all of the jQuery UI Tabs were not working, they had all degraded to inline images with links at the top, not good 🙁
Not sure how long they have been displaying like this but it could have been a few weeks at worst, so I apologize. I spent last night trying to figure it all out testing different jQuery UI plugins and removing other plugins that may have been causing the issue (W3Total Cache, Acunetix WP Security etc) but to no avail.
That’s all fine and dandy however, due to the characters inside the code itself, I was unable to perform a MySQL search and replace operation. I could have downloaded the entire database and performed a find/replace in Dreamweaver but this didn’t appeal to me. I keep all the HTML code for each page in a basic HTML document so I finished up doing a mass find/replace in those (250 docs) and then went right through the entire website copying and pasting the new code into each page. This also gave me the opportunity to fix some other minor layout issues on some pages too as well as some broken internal URLs.
I have not restarted the page, database or object caches in W3TC but the browser cache remains as well as the CDN network, which will keep the speed up. I have not had a very good experience with any caching plugins, they all seem to break code and require constant attention, so I will no longer be using a caching plugin except the browser cache .htaccess rules which should keep Google happy 🙂
There will also be some new website features coming up shortly and I’ll notify you when that happens.