If you’re having trouble reading our arpeggio pattern diagrams, then this handy help chart should resolve any questions you have.
Arpeggio pattern help
- This is the name of the arpeggio with corresponding pattern number.
- These are string number indicators, the 1st string is the skinniest string on your guitar and the 6th is the thickest.
- These solid dots represent a fretted string. You fret a string using your fingers.
- These solid dots with a circle around them represent the root of the arpeggio.
- This is the staff with the arpeggio pattern represented in musical notation.
- This is guitar tabalture with the arpeggio pattern represented by string and fret numbers.
- The circled number represents the root of the arpeggio, in this example the root is C.
- This is the key signature that the arpeggio is in, in this example the key is C major.
You can also download or print Arpeggio pattern reading guide.